2017 Financial Leadership Forum
Call for Presentations Overview
The Home-Based Care: Financial Leadership Forum, jointly sponsored by the Alliance for Home Health Quality and Innovation (the Alliance) and the Visiting Nurse Associations of America (VNAA), empowers financial leaders to navigate the ever-shifting payment landscape of home-based healthcare.
The Financial Leadership Forum enables participants to:
- Network among peers and leading industry experts;
- Increase the effectiveness of the industry voice for advocacy;
- Consider new and innovative strategies to advance home-based care;
- Participate in timely and relevant education sessions; and
- Strengthen vendor partnerships and forge new vendor relationships.
If you would like to be featured as a presenter during the upcoming Financial Leadership Forum, June 26-27, 2017 at the Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot, please submit a proposal by April 28, 2017.
The Financial Leadership Forum draws 75-100 senior and emerging financial leaders (C-Suite, VP, and Director-level) from home-based care agencies across the country, seeking to expand their expertise.
The Financial Leadership Forum welcomes presentations on all types of innovative programs yielding positive outcomes for patients and/or home-based care agencies. We strongly encourage submissions to include participatory elements and will give those types of sessions preference when reviewing submissions. Presentations can include lecture, an expert panel, or facilitation of small work group; and should provide conference attendees with practical solutions to help them ensure their organization’s success. We recommend planning for 45 minutes of content, followed by a 15-minute question and answer session.
- The deadline for submitting proposals is Friday, April 28, 2017. All proposals must be submitted through the call for speakers’ website. Emailed and hard copy submissions will not be accepted.
- Incomplete proposals or proposals that do not meet the expectations of the 2017 Call for Speakers Guidelines will be disqualified.
- A separate proposal must be submitted for each proposed presentation.
- Promoting a company, service or product during a presentation is expressly prohibited.
- All presentations must be strictly educational in nature.
- All presentations must include a speaker from an organization providing home-based care.
- We strongly encourage submissions of sessions including active learning techniques and will give preference to those sessions when reviewing submissions.
Who Should Submit
The Financial Leadership Forum encourages individual professionals and/or groups committed to supporting, promoting and advancing home-based care to submit a proposal. This includes organizational leaders, managers and staff. Independent consultants, vendors, distributors and manufacturers are encouraged to apply in partnership with home-based care providers, highlighting outcomes and lessons learned from current and past projects. Please note: all presentations must include a speaker from a home-based care provider organization.
Benefits of Presentation
All presenters at the Financial Leadership Forum will receive the following benefits:
- Visibility and recognition in the home-based care industry.
- The opportunity to share ideas, knowledge and experience with colleagues in the home-based care community.
- Complimentary event registration (non-transferrable).
- Anyone may submit a proposal; however preference is given to members when evaluating submissions. All proposals must be submitted no later than Friday, April 28, 2017.
- Following are the criteria used to review all proposals:
- Innovation, quality and originality in program design;
- Clearly defined, measurable metrics (i.e. cost-savings, reduction in rehospitalization rates, etc.);
- Timeliness of subject matter;
- Topic has practical applications;
- Audience engagement through active learning techniques (i.e. audience polling);
- Clear, focused and well-organized proposal;
- Presenter’s qualifications (all presentations must include a speaker from a home-based care organization);
- Research or strong evidence-based support.
- The conference organizers reserve the right to request modifications to a presentation proposal before final selections are made.
- The conference sponsors will respond to all speaker proposals selected by May 12, 2017.
- Presenters from provider organizations will receive a complimentary registration to the Financial Leadership Forum. This is non-transferrable.
When drafting a proposal for submission, please consider the following topics and categories:
- Fundraising in nonprofits;
- Funding before revenue (starting a new product);
- Cost implications of the new Home Health CoPs;
- Maximizing state Medicaid revenue;
- Update on bundles;
- Home Health Grouping Model – financial impact;
- Financial implications of capital investments;
- Financial implications of interoperability;
- Risk-based payment models;
- Margins in managed care populations;
- Balancing mission and margin;
- LUPA episodes; and
- Striving for operational efficiencies.
Please note: we will consider submissions outside these program focus areas, though preference may be given to those falling in one of the preceding categories.
Your proposal should address the following points:
- Who your intended audience is and why they would find value in your presentation.
- What is the intent, purpose, or objective of your presentation – what will participants gain from attending your session.
- Why your topic is innovative and supportive of the home-based care industry.
- How your proposal supports development and skill-building for agency and system financial leaders.
If you have a question about submitting a proposal to present at the Financial Leadership Forum, please contact Heather Corbin at email@example.com.