Make the most of your time at the Home-Based Care: National Leadership Conference by attending a preconference seminar on Wednesday, April 19 from 12:00 - 3:45 p.m. Attendees may choose to add a seminar to their conference registration (additional fee required). Please note, each attendee may only attend one seminar, as they are held concurrently.
Innovations in Workforce Development
The health care workforce is facing unprecedented shortages in nurses, aides, direct care workers, physicians, physical, respiratory and occupational therapists nationwide. Efforts to recruit and retain talent must include the entire organization as a team. Building a positive work environment, efficient selection and hiring processes, effective orientation programs and supportive on going professional development are key components of a successful health care work place.
- Katherine Detwiler, Strategic Partner Manager, Relias Learning
- Kevin Kuzmick, Division Director, BAYADA Home Health Care
- Norene Mostkoff, MBA, President and CEO, Visiting Nurse Health System
- Lisa Salamone, Executive Vice President and COO, VNA of Northern New Jersey
- Faith Scott, FACHE, President and CEO, VNA of Northern New Jersey
- Michael Ward, RN, CIR, CSSR, Area Director, Pediatric Clinical Education, BAYADA Pediatrics
- Mark Wiersma, President and Cofounder, Home Health Selection Solutions
Creating your Pathway to Performance in Home Health
In this highly interactive session participants will explore the key drivers of success in home health, as measured in both financial performance and quality metrics. Through sophisticated financial modeling, participants will understand how these drivers impact the financial strength of an agency. We will explore the differences in how value and financial success are defined among hospital-based agencies and stand-alone agencies. By examining case studies of both stand-alone and hospital-based home health agencies, participants will better understand the financial drivers of their agency, how to define the value of their agency to their hospital partner or other referral sources, and the actions required to create their own “pathway to performance.”
- Cory Rutledge, CPA, Managing Principal -- Senior Living, CliftonLarsonAllen LLP
- David Schuh, CPA, Managing Principal -- Health Care Operations and Finance, CliftonLarsonAllen LLP